Nowadays the role of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), especially internet in the education sector plays an important role, especially in the process of empowering the technology into the educational activities. Education sector can be the most effective sector to anticipate and eliminate the negative impact of ICT. Technology (internet) in another side can be the most effective way to increase the student’s knowledge.
Being aware of the significant role of ICT (internet) in our life, especially in the educational activities, education authorities should be wise enough in implementing the strategies to empower ICT in supporting the teaching and learning process in the classroom. ICT is not just the bloom of the educational activities, but also it will be the secondary option to improve the effective and meaningful educational process.
The main purpose of the Strategy for Information and Communication Technology Implementation in Education is to provide the prospects and trends of integrating information and communication technology (ICT) into the general educational activities.
There are some unavoidable facts in the modern education; First, the ICT has been developing very rapidly nowadays. Therefore, in order to balance it, the whole educational system should be reformed and ICT should be integrated into educational activities.
1. To implement the principle of life-long learning / education.
2. to increase a variety of educational services and medium / method.
3. to promote equal opportunities to obtain education and information.
4. to develop a system of collecting and disseminating educational information.
5. to promote technology literacy of all citizens, especially for students.
6. to develop distance education with national contents.
7. to promote the culture of learning at school (development of learning skills, expansion of optional education, open source of education, etc.)
8. to support schools in sharing experience and information with others.